Monday, December 7, 2015

Holiday Prep

Somewhere Fall happened when I wasn't looking. It is amazing how time flies by when you are not
on weekly chemo! The girls are happily decorating for Christmas and enjoying the fact that they can fully participate in festivities. Last year we were under house arrest or we were inpatient from chemo so we sat out on many things. This year Emma has already been to Disneyland, attended a birthday party, and been to church!

A few things have been happening in the background. We are waiting to find out which wish Gracie will get for her Make a Wish. She keeps asking me if we are doing it today! She is very excited. Emma got new glasses after we saw the Pediatric Neuro Ophthalmologist. It seems that her one seeing eye is getting better post chemo and we actually got to decrease her prescription! What a blessing.

Daddy and I have been running more races and working on getting healthy for this kiddos. His back is much better, he still has painful days but he is finally able to go to work and do yoga with me at night. I have seen a huge change for the better in myself. Not only do I look better but I feel better and that is a good thing because as I feel better Emma feels worse. She is really struggling with her emotions and hyperactivity. I feel so bad for her, she is so advanced she will say things like, "I am so grumpy and I don't know why!" It makes me want to cry. We are still waiting on Psych to see us at Stanford so in the mean time I have her deep breathe with me, do yoga, and apply her oils. Lately she has been asking to run with me so I am going to start taking her with me on a small loop at the
beginning of my run and drop her off to finish. If anything it will give her a good healthy outlet for all this energy!

Upcoming things: We go back to the Neuro Surgeon right before Christmas to check in and go over everything, he is the NF expert at Stanford. When we go we will be taking teddy bears from Trader Joe's to the hospital for all the kids who are stuck inpatient over Christmas. If any locals want us to drop off any new and unopened toys or jammies we can bring them for you! Next week I will be sending out the She's a Fighter Christmas boxes to Alanha, Adriana, Ariana, and Izzy. If anyone was planning on adding anything to their boxes please get it to us this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, because this is a child's blog Emma's Mommy will read your comment and approve it before it is posted.