Yesterday our family traveled to Sacramento to have Emma make her wish. We arrived a few hours early to play in the historic down town area. We went out to lunch, saw ships and trains, said hello to ponies pulling carriages, visited a one room school house and walked around all the old buildings. It was a fun break from our everyday routine.
The Make a Wish palace was an interesting experience. They have the child watch a video on how to make a wish then they have four stations. I want to be, I want to meet, I want to have, and I want to go. They tried to get those out of Emma but she was very tired from not taking a nap so we had to help her.
We came up with,
1. I want to be a fashionista and dress up
2. I want to meet Lilo and Stitch
3. I want to have a new fancy bedroom
4. I want to go to Hawaii to meet Lilo and Stitch
They narrow that down to three wishes so they had Emma rank them in order of importance. The wish granters saw a pattern with Emma loving Lilo and Stitch so they transformed the meet wish to include Disneyland.
1. I want to go to Hawaii to meet Lilo and Stitch
2. I want a new fancy bedroom
3. I want to go to Disneyland to meet Lilo and Stitch